Heading to the Big Apple? A New York scavenger hunt should definitely be brought along. It’s a great family activity and a fun way to explore New York City. If you’re a local, plan to do this scavenger hunt activity for your next date night or girls night out. Scavenger hunts are versatile for all ages and groups – and this one is no exception!
Looking for other fun city scavenger hunt ideas? Check out this city hunt and this city walk
New York Scavenger Hunt List
- Photo of the Carousel in Central Park
- Photo of the famous statue of Prometheus
- How many steps lead up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art?
- Eat a slice of New York style pizza
- Photo with a police officer or firefighter
- A sign in a different language
- Name the polar bears living in the Central Park Zoo
- Take a photo from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Visit the 9/11 Memorial and find the “Survivor Tree”
- Buy yourself a treat at the Chelsea Market
- Photo of the lions guarding the New York Public Library
- Ticket stub for a comedy club
- Photo of a dog walker with at least three dogs
- Any item with “I Love NYC” on it
- Takeout menu from a cafe in Greenwich Village
- What is the Statue of Liberty holding in her left hand?
- Photo of the ferris wheel inside Toys R Us
- Photo of the Chrysler Building
- Find Alice in Wonderland in Central Park
- Ticket stub from the New York City subway
- Photo of a pay phone
- Phone number for the Trump Hotel
- Look above the entrance to the GE building. Who is depicted in the sculpture there?
- Photo of the sunset from The High Line
- Take a photo of yourself with a street performer
- Photo of three different New York City gargoyles
- How many columns are in the main hall of Grand Central Terminal?
- Photo of the New York City skyline from the top of the Empire State Building
- Count the steps to the top of the Crown in the Statue of Liberty
- Walking map of Central Park
- Photo of the Brooklyn Bridge
- Buy a box of chocolates at the largest candy store in the city – located at Times Square
- Photo in front of the New York Stock Exchange
If you live in New York City or are a regular visitor, I’d love to hear the clues and locations you would include. Share your New York scavenger hunt ideas in the comments below!
for additional scavenger hunt clues to add to your New York Hunt!