San Francisco Scavenger Hunt
A San Francisco scavenger hunt is a great way to explore this fun west coast city whether you are visiting on vacation or a local looking for a fun weekend activity. There are so many fun things to do in San Francisco - this city hunt only touches the tip of the iceberg.
Enjoy these free scavenger hunt suggestions and share some of your own ideas in the comments to keep the list growing! I'm sure there are those of you out there with San Francisco knowledge that can share your local favorite spots and tips for exploring this city.
San Francisco Scavenger Hunt List
- Photo of the sea lions on Pier 39
- A piece of chocolate purchased in Ghirardelli Square
- Step inside the Memorial Chapel near Pier 45 - who does this chapel pay tribute to?
- Photo overlooking Lombard Street
- Ticket stub for the boat to Alcatraz
- Ask a local for their top three favorite restaurants in the city
- An “I love San Francisco” memento
- Photo of the city from the Golden Gate Bridge
- Photo of musicians busking near Golden Gate Park
- Climb the Filbert Steps - how many steps are there?
- A pair of chopsticks
- Photo of yourself or your group riding a cable car
- Stick a quarter or two into a game at the Musee Mecanique
- Count the steps leading up to San Francisco City Hall
- Ask a local for their top three favorite things to do in San Franciso
- Takeout menu from an Italian cafe in North Beach
- Photo of three different dragons in Chinatown
- Photo of a mural in Coit Tower
- Buy some tea from a tea shop in Chinatown
- How many penguins live at the San Francisco Zoo?
- Photo of the monument to Chinese Fisherman - (Tip: Take a picnic here to China Beach)
- Buy a drink at The Old Ship Saloon
- Find a tourist from Alaska
- A walking map of downtown San Francisco
Hope you enjoyed this San Francisco scavenger hunt list. Please share your favorite clues, tips and city scavenger hunt ideas in the comments below! Input from locals and tourists alike will help to grow this free resource! Ideas for clues include: things to find, location photos to take, favorite spots to visit, and local cafes/diners to check out.
As always - happy hunting! (And enjoy your trip to San Francisco!)
More City Scavenger Hunts
Boston Scavenger Hunt
Chicago Scavenger Hunt
Nature in the City
Like this page?
Return from San Francisco Scavenger Hunt to City Scavenger Hunt
Return to The Guru's Home