Around the Home
This is a fun around the home scavenger hunt that can be done as a rainy day kids activity - or just to keep your kids busy while you are getting lunch or dinner ready. The best part about this indoor scavenger hunt is the kids won’t actually be “collecting” things - so it’s a no mess activity which we all can appreciate!
Around the Home Scavenger Hunt List
Feel free to tweak this as needed to fit your home and space.
- Look for your baby photo album and choose your favorite baby picture.
- What color is Mommy’s toothbrush?
- Is the washing machine empty or full of clothes?
- Count the doors inside our house. How many are there?
- What color are the sheets on the bed in the guest room?
- How many pairs of shoes do you have in your room?
- Find five toys that are out of place in your playroom and put them away.
- Name four foods that are on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator.
- Find something hanging on a doorknob in our house - what is it?
- Find a purple, a yellow and a green crayon and a piece of paper. Draw a pretty picture with these colors to share at dinner tonight.
- Find a pair of dirty socks and put them in the dirty laundry pile.
- Find your favorite stuffed animal and build a swing or a bed for it in your bedroom.
- Collect five books that are out of place and put them back on the bookshelf.
- Write “I love you” on a piece of paper and stick it in the pocket of someone’s pants that are hanging clean in the closet.
- Make up a song about today’s rainy weather and be ready to sing it for us after the indoor scavenger hunt.
- How many different kinds of cereal are in our cupboard?
- Count the windows in our our house. How many did you find?
- Is my coffee cup full or empty?
- Find your rain coat and rain boots and an umbrella for me and put them by the door. Get ready to go play in the puddles!
- Find your favorite book - then come find me and have me read it to you!
These are just some ideas for a home scavenger hunt that can be done indoors on a rainy day. Feel free to add and subtract indoor scavenger hunt clues that work for your house and for your kids. Also - here are some scavenger hunt lists of items found around the house that you can sprinkle in to make the hunt a bit longer and/or more difficult if you’d like.
Like this page?
Return from Home Scavenger Hunt to Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Return to Scavenger Hunt Guru Home