Christmas Eve Scavenger Hunt
Our Christmas Eve Scavenger Hunt started with a note from Santa saying that he left a few Christmas gifts at the end of the hunt. The clues then were a mix of riddles and puzzles that the kids had to figure out as they searched the house for their early Christmas gifts. We thought this would be a fun and creative holiday game for everyone to play the night before Christmas.
Christmas Eve Scavenger Hunt Clues
* The first scavenger hunt clue was a reubus puzzle which led them to the stockings on the mantle.
* In the stocking was a cut up picture of a book on my son's shelf.
* When they found the book there was a crossword puzzle inside which led them to the piano.
* In the piano was a piece of Christmas music which after they played it on the piano they would realize the song was called "O Christmas Tree."
* Hidden within the Christmas tree was a word scramble which then brought them to the bathroom sink.
* In the bathroom sink was another word scramble which when deciphered lead them to the phone book.
* In the phone book was the last scavenger hunt clue - a piece of paper with the words "ding dong."
* Their Christmas presents were hidden at the front door!
They had a lot of fun going on this search and figuring out the puzzles. I think you could probably tweak this to different locations in your house and even bring in a couple of fun seasonal objects that could hold a clue or a puzzle.